via @thegunrun (twitter)
x6Vhalin: send me a GFX card lol
Ashley: so is anne
Ashley: but yeah
*** About 3 minutes ago, 10:13 PM ***
Krynis: NCIX is my fav store ^^
Krynis: is it good Martijn?
Ashley: ooh yooo you live kinda close to vancouver
Ashley: if you’re ever in the area send me a message
Martijn: skype has some issues with it
Ashley: i can get you some hook upsss
Martijn: in that it toggles between 16:9 and 4:3 seemingly randomly some times
G4MR: shit screw the hard send me a job loll
Krynis: You can see what was on G4MR’s mind
Ashley: g4mr i was like.. what are you trying to say with hard and job.. LOL
Ashley: krynis it’s not that far =p
Game 1 | Mondragon 0 - 0 Cruncher | Terminus Re
- Cruncher spawns at the 9 oclock and Mondi at the 6 oclock
- Both players are playing a bit safe, pool/gateway first.
- Cruncher blocking the expo, then cancels.
- Mondragon taking a 3rd at around 29 food sick :D (They started talking about spanishiwa yay :D)
- Cruncher opening with a 1/1/1 style getting a very fast void ray while mondragon droning up really hard.
- Mondragon scouts the stargate and reacts with an evolution chamber
- Roach warren going down for mondragon :D
- About 4 void rays on the map getting scary but cruncher is getting his natural up.
- Mondragon consistently pumping out queens, huge fight at the front with void/stalker/zealot versus queens and spine crawlers. Can he hold.
- Roach burrow micro doing work and hydras are being produced. Here goes the counter push from mondragon oh my god this shit is getting intense.
- Mondragon focusing teh cannons trying to break the front. Cruncher holds but he has a burrowed roach in crunchers main for some free scouting.
- Cruncher taking his 3rd while mondragon alreayd has 3 saturated bases. Wait mondragon taking a fourth :D
- Mondragon getting +2 +1 (for roach/hydra) and cruncher just started his +1 on ground weapons
- Mondragon planning to do drop play. He has roaches loaded in overlords.
- Mondragon pushing the front aswell. (Delays the upgrade) at the same time taking a 5th base.
- Mondragon snipes the robotics double prone attack so many roaches. Sick pressure
- I think mondragon will take this cruncher isn not mining.
- Mondragon snipes the natural expansion and the collosus. Cruncher is mining from 1 base at his 3rd.
- HUGE reinfornced army coming from mondragon. Getting outplayed so much so good. :D
- Mondragn trying to snipe the 3rd expansion.
- Corruptors coming out from mondragon to deal with the 6 void rays on the map.
- Cruncher ggs out after he sees the corruptors.
Game 2 | Mondragon 1 - 0 Cruncher | Shakuras Plateau
- Spawning cross positions on shakuras
- Cruncher planning to go forge expand while mondragon playing safe and going pool first.
- Mondragon opening with the similar roach burrow play from game 1.
- Cruncher take a 3rd before mondragon
- Mondragon breaking the rocks and trying to go for the 3rd of crunchers with roaches in the front of crunchers main.
- Cruncher holds the defensive position at the 3rd, but mondragon pushing the front and doing a lot of damage
- Mondragon stops the forge upgrade and doing another push in the back but falls back because there are too many cannons and pheonix/void rays on the map.
- Mondragon taking a 4th base at the bottom part of the map. At the same time huge drop in the main, but the drop was denied.
- Both players are pretty even in food, but there are so many void rays/pheonix on the map and air upgrades going up for cruncher.
- Cruncher keeps denying mondragons drop, Mondragon denies crunchers fourth base at the bottom of the map, cancel that he saves expo but huge drop at crunchers third from cruncher.
- Mondragon at the same time sniping the 4th base of cruncher.
- Mondragon now producing corruptors to help deal with the phoenix/void ray/collosus.
- Another drop coming from mondragon to crunchers third base and crunchers army is in the center of the map.
- Mondragon snipes crunchers 3rd expo. So much action oh my god.
- Mutas are coming out from mondragon. Huge corruptor/muta ball from mondragon in the middle of the map.
- Constant contaminates from mondragon on the stargate of crunchers.
- Huge air battle and mondragon snipes most of the void rays of cruncher. But cruncher has a huge army in the middle of the map coming across the field. Collosus/void rays stalkers and immortals. Can he hold.
- Mondragon ggs because the protoss ball was too strong.
Game 3 | Mondragon 1 - 1 Cruncher | GSL Tal`Darim Altar
- Cross positions with mondragon at the 1 oclock and cruncher at the 7 oclock.
- Cruncher goes forge expand while mondragon goes hatch first.
- Cruncher makes a pylon in crunchers base, but mondragon spots the rush.
- Mondragon did not cancel the expansion what is he doing? He hasn’t killed the probe yet. Mondragons expo is dead.
- Worker count is 7 to 16 with cruncher ahead in workers
- mondragon ggs out
Game 4 | Mondragon 1 - 2 Cruncher | Metalopolis
- This is the last game for cruncher to take the series, it’s going to be hard but I think mondragon needs to switch up his style.
- Players spawn close air positions with cruncher at the 12 oclock and cruncher at the 3 oclock.
- Players playing safe, pool first and gate first.
- Cruncher blocks the expansion.
- Two void rays coming out from cruncher and mondragon scouts it. He has 3 queens already and producting more with lings running around the map.
- Cruncher about to expo soonish.
- Cruncher tried to snipe the roach warren and a clutch transfuse from mondragon and saved the roach warren at the last second :)
- Sean predicted mutas and there they come out with +1 air upgrade for mondragon.
- Cruncher snipes the roach warren finally :(
- Mondragon taking a third ;o
- So may mutas coming out from mondragon and cruncher is chronoboosting phoenix’s
- (I want to see mondragon stop producing mutas and just pump out hydras since no collosus would be coming out soon :D)
- Cruncher taking a 3rd expo and mondragon took a proxy expo at the 9 oclock (would make it his 4th but will cruncher go and take it out.)
- Cruncher responding with templar oh my god.
- Mondragon attacks the 3rd with roaches while attacking the main with mutas.
- Mondragon loses mutas to templar :( and roaches at third expansion. Cruncher taking a 4th expansion.
- Mondragong ets a like snipe on all those templar HELL YEAH
- HUGE fight at mondragons natural with a huge fight. Muta doing magic box on the army and barely holds on oh my god that battle was so amazing.
- Mondragon doing a counter attack at the 4th while crunchers units are at the north position of the map. To delay any pushes from cruncher
- I’m on the edge of my fucking seat right now oh my fucking god.
- More templar/collosus and templar coming out for cruncher.
- Mondragon doing an amazing muta counter attack in crunchers main
- Cruncher snipes his 5th expansion. He’s going for the 4th expansion.
- STORMS GOING EVERYWHERE cruncher blinking forward.
- Mutas arrive and kills off the rest of the stalkers oh my fucking god MIRACLE HOLD.
- Cruncher did his last push with templar/stalker and mondragon couldn’t get enough units to deal with crunchers army. Amazing storms.
Game 5 | Mondragon 1 - 3 Cruncher | NONE
Game 2 1-0 Goody up one
- Naniwa pushing across the map with collosus/zealot/stalkers not sure if goody can hold the push.
- HUGE fight at goodies front. Looks like he can’t hold. So many units from naniwa. Goody GG’s
Game 3 1-1 Naniwa tied it up
- Naniwa sends a scout at 6 and goody scouts the double proxy 2 gate :).
- Goody kills one gate way, Naniwa cancels the last gateway because his cheese failed.
- Goody moving across the map with 4 marines and a bunker goes down for goody. Naniwa was forced to cancel expo and dropped 3 more gateways.
- Naniwa trying to counter with a 4 gate stalker build. Not sure if he can hold this push.
- Banshee comes out and hero bunker OH MY GOD WILL HE HOLD!!!!!
- Goody GGs
Game 4 2-1 Naniwa Favor
- Goody opening standard with marauder/barracks play. (3 rax MMM)
- Going to do an early push with a bunker. Naniwa makes him run back, the pressure failed
- Naniwa expanding and adding 2 gateways after goody lost at least 3 marauders in his failed pressure attack.
- Naniwa knows the style hes going to react with a robotics.
- Goody bring scvs and doing a huge push. Not sure if naniwa can hold or if this push will fail.
- Naniwa pulls probes and an immortal is out now. Don’t think goody can hold this.
- GOODY SNIPES THE IMMORTAL OH MY GOD goody technically won that fight.
- Goody is pulling all scvs and going all in!!!!! ALL IN
- Naniwa with an amazing force field cut the army in half. Naniwa takes this series 3-1
Starcraft 2 is huge as fuck right now. I’ve watched competitive starcraft 2 since beta back when tournaments were just getting started and huge invitationals such a HDH and KOTB etc… (the epic showmatch between Response and Louder, [x3] Machine vs White Ra series, Hevad Khan hosted a bunch of show matches [Assem vs White-Ra, Inka vs Moo] etc…)
Since then after launch or even before launch a ton of tournaments have been popping up (Zotacs, Gosucoaching Cups, Showmatches, Go4sc2’s, fuck so many I can’t even name them all [Viking Cups where terran won like a lot lol etc..]) and you know what I just can’t watch everything so I tend to stick to the big events such as the GSL’s, MLG’s, the ESL’s (not the cups but the IEM World Championships) and soon to be NASL and IPL.
I like watching people compete for huge sums of money because you get to see the people who really want it and the people who are in it just for show. It’s much more exciting and the casters are just extremely better than the open tournaments/cups etc… that you see everyday.
I’m just tired of the people who keep saying: “You don’t know X, Y and Z?” If it’s not fucking obvious by the things I say on these social media outlets. Little things like that just frustrates the fuck out of me. It’s not because I’m ignorant and I don’t respect the cups that’s being ran. I just can’t mentally watch and absorb everything being thrown at me.
Just thought I’d rant a bit. TL;DR If there isn’t a unique style being talked about or players not playing in these big events, I probably haven’t heard of them.
(ps I’m an awful writer :D)
Lots of awesome people to meet, plus gives me time to make some extra cash by the time that mlg comes around.
I’m going to ballpark the budget for the trip, hotel (2-3 nights) and spending cash for being out there would probably be around 1200. (I think that would include the spectator pass)
People wanted me to go to Columbus, but lol I don’t have that kind of money right now rawr. Life’s a bitch indeed, but what can you do! It would be pretty epic if the esports scene revolved around my state. One can dream though :)! But I do want to get out of Missouri sometime soon!!! :D